Sentinel boom is a simple, high performance and versatile range of curtain booms. The boom is designed for use in rivers, terminals and even the demands of the offshore environment. It is available in a range of sizes dependent on the customer’s requirement.
Sentinel boom is available in neoprene or polyurethane material; both options are highly durable and resistant to UV and hydrocarbons.
Key features and benefits
- A comprehensive range of materials and sizes are available to meet all needs.
- Quick and easy deployment.
- Constructed with either vulcanised neoprene or RF welded polyurethane joints, which are stronger than cold glue alternatives.
- The high buoyancy to weight ratio gives excellent wave following capability and heave response.
- The large water plane area of the buoyancy chamber enables the boom to maintain a maximum freeboard at all times.
- The smooth, continuous boom profile inhibits the formation of vortices, thereby discouraging oil loss under the boom.
- The smooth profile and high buoyancy to weight ratio give exceptional wave following to ensure oil containment.
- The interface between the boom material and marine grade aluminium connector plate is achieved without puncturing the material, thus ensuring boom integrity.